Ariza is celebrating 75 years of transforming lives!
As part of our ongoing transformation, we are expanding our service offerings and are seeking to attract passionate, committed and competent professionals to fill the following position.
Position: Chief Executive Officer
The Chief Executive Officer provides leadership for all aspects of Ariza’s operations with an emphasis on long-term goals, growth, return on investment and promulgation of the Credit union philosophy.
- Oversees the ongoing operations of all divisions in the organisation.
- Manages and directs the organisation toward its primary goals and objectives.
- Sets performance target and standards.
- Provides constructive and timely performance evaluations.
- Oversees employment decisions at the executive level of the organisation.
- Promotes communication and co-operation among divisions to create a spirit of unity in the organization.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Works with the board of directors and other executives to establish short-term objectives and long-range goals, and related plans and policies.
- Presents regular reports on the status of the organisation’s operations to the board of directors and to staff.
- Oversees the organization’s financial structure, ensuring adequate and sound funding for the mission and goals of the company.
- Creates an environment and culture that focuses on fulfilling Ariza’s cooperative mission, vision, and values.
- Develops business prospects by studying economic trends and revenue opportunities.
- Ensures Ariza’s staff is well trained and engaged at all times.
- Updates job knowledge by being aware of new regulations, participating in educational opportunities, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organisations.
- Reviews the financial results of all operations, comparing them with the organisation’s objectives and taking appropriate measures to correct unsatisfactory performance and results.
- Ensures the organisation’s compliance with all applicable laws, rules, regulations, and standards.
- Negotiates with other organisations in the interest of pursuing Ariza’s goals and objectives.
- Serves as the organisation’s representative to the board of directors, shareholders, employees, customers, the government, and the public.
- Coordinates the work and relationships within the various arms of the Credit Union’s governance structure
- Performs other related duties to benefit the mission of the organization.
Qualifications & Experience
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Economics, or Finance required. Master’s degree in co-operative studies preferred.
- A minimum of ten (10) years of experience leading a financial organisation.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent leadership, managerial and financial skills and the ability to take leadership over any business operations area.
- Superlative communication skills, particularly the ability to communicate as a leader.
- Thorough understanding of management and financial practices in all areas and phases of business operations.
- Comprehensive understanding of the potential and impact of digitalization
- Good understanding of Credit Union philosophies and principles
- Knowledgeable and committed to the Ariza way of doing business
If you meet or exceed the above requirements, you are invited to submit your application via email only to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title in the subject line, for the attention of the Senior Consultant.
Closing date: 10th July 2022.