As part of our ongoing transformation, we are seeking to attract passionate, committed and competent professionals to fill the following position.
Position: Executive Assistant
(to Executive Managers of Finance & Loans/Credit Admin)
The Executive Assistant will assist the two (2) designated Executive Managers and related Committees to efficiently execute the Credit Union’s business strategy by providing high-level support and ensuring adherence to Corporate Governance policies, procedures and standards The ideal candidate will be a proactive planner and problem-solver, as well as highly efficient, to ensure that the designated Executive Managers’ priorities and their departments’ objectives are achieved.
Responsibilities would include:
- Assist in developing the relevant departments’ input into the Credit Union’s strategic and annual business plans, as well as the budget. Perform activities related to the monitoring and reporting on business plan achievements/progress for the departments.
- Conduct research as directed by the Executive Managers.
- Coordinate the timely convening of, and preparation for related Committee and department meetings.
- Record, transcribe and distribute Minutes and decision/action items from meetings convened by the Executive Manager. Follow up, update and communicate status of decision/action items prior to subsequent meetings. Ensure all approved Committee and department minutes are signed and securely filed.
- Ensure the availability of all relevant Acts, other regulations and by-laws governing the operations of the Credit Union and relevant departments.
- Ensure compliance with statutory obligations re: authorizations and signatures.
- Maintain calendar of due dates for the department as well as external obligations.
- Prepare reports, presentations, office documents and memoranda, including higher-level technical, statistical, and narrative reports; distributes copies of documents as directed.
- Assist in the development and documentation of policies and procedures under the responsibility of the Executive Manager.
- Ensure all documents held by the department are filed and properly secured.
Education and Training:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Management, Banking, Finance, Co-operative Studies, Operations or related area.
- Certificate in Secretarial or Administrative Professional studies would be an advantage.
- At least two (2) years’ experience as an Executive Assistant to a Manager.
- Experience in recording and producing minutes.
Key Competences and Attributes:
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism and confidentiality
- Research, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills, with the proven ability to meet deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Excellent report writing skills
- Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills.
- Networking and collaboration skills
- High emotional intelligence
- Member orientation
- Competence in Microsoft 365 suite including, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams and Sharepoint
Interested persons who meet the requirements are invited to submit an application in PDF format via email only to email@example.com with the subject line “Executive Assistant” by 30th January 2024.