Ariza is celebrating 75 years of transforming lives!
As part of our ongoing transformation, we are expanding our service offerings and are seeking to attract passionate, committed and competent professionals to fill the following position.
Position: Compliance Officer
The Compliance Officer will ensure compliance with the Credit Union’s polices and internal procedural manuals, and with legislative mandates. The Compliance Officer will also maintain a working relationship with regulatory bodies and manage the Credit Union’s risk effectively.
Responsibilities would include:
- Ensure member applications are compliant with the credit union’s policy.
- Maintain contemporary knowledge of Anti-Money Laundering/Combating the Financing of Terrorism (AML/CFT) best practices.
- Assist in completing FATCA and other Common Reporting Standards Data.
- Assist in identifying systemic procedural weaknesses as well as ongoing enhancement and execution of the compliance programme and recommend training.
- Prepare reports for internal and external bodies.
- Work with the Manager, Risk & Compliance to develop an effective compliance training programme, including appropriate introductory training for new employees as well as on-going training for all employees and committee members.
- Routinely respond to staff and management queries concerning compliance issues, including but not limited to member onboarding, due diligence processes and suspicious activity reporting.
- Education and Training:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Business or related field
- ACAMS or other relevant Professional Certification would be an asset
One (1) to three (3) years of experience working in a regulatory or compliance role
- Key Competences and Attributes:
- Knowledge of applicable laws and regulations
- Highly organized and self-driven
- Attention to detail
- Ability to professionally and effectively communicate (verbal, written)
- Member focused
- Competent in Microsoft Office suite
Interested persons who meet or exceed the requirements are invited to submit an application in PDF format via email only to email@example.com with the subject line “Compliance Officer.”
Closing date is 31st August 2022.