Ariza is celebrating 75 years of transforming lives!
As part of our ongoing transformation, we are expanding our service offerings and are seeking to attract passionate, committed and competent professionals to fill the following position.
Position: Executive Manager, Loans & Credit Administration
The Executive Manager, Loans & Credit Administration will direct the strategic lending function and oversee the organisation’s lending and credit administration activities.
- Be a member of the most senior Executive Team of the Credit Union.
- Oversees the plans and execution of the Credit Union’s lending function.
- Guides, trains, coaches, and supports direct reports to ensure performance excellence (knowledge, skills and behaviours) and consistent adherence to ‘The Ariza Way’ suite of service standards.
- Sets performance target and standards.
- Conducts performance reviews according to the established performance management system.
- Disciplines employees in accordance with company policy.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Goal setting, monitoring and reporting
- Leads the strategic planning, goal setting and budgeting functions for lending, in alignment with the Credit Union’s goals and objectives.
- Leads the development of tactical plans to achieve loan growth targets.
- Monitors, reviews and reports on monthly, quarterly and annual performance.
- Ensures the Credit Unions goals and objectives are cascaded and documented into annual work plans for all direct reports, adjusting as necessary to reflect changes in the Credit Union’s priorities and the external environment.
- Prepares other reports for the Executive team and board review.
- Policies, processes and procedures review and implementation
- Reviews, recommends and develops policies, processes and procedures to ensure a quality loan portfolio in accordance with international standards, improvement in service as well as efficiency of the loan delivery process.
- Communicates and ensures all policy changes and updates are circulated and understood within the department.
- Lending operational management
- Reviews and ensures all loans submitted to the credit committee and board of directors meet the loan policy requirements.
- Oversees the management of the loan portfolio in keeping with the requisite laws and regulation.
- Analyses and makes recommendations on requests for withdrawal from lifetime savings.
- Organizational performance
- Collaborates with other executives to create an environment and culture that focuses on fulfilling Ariza’s co-operative mission, vision, and values, championing organizational transformation initiatives undertaken.
- Updates job knowledge by reviewing new regulations, participating in educational opportunities, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organisations.
- Recommends learning and development programmes for staff in the department.
- Participates actively in meetings of the senior Executive team in pursuance of the Credit Union’s goals and objectives
- Sets and ensures the meeting schedule for the department is adhered to.
- Performs other related duties to benefit the mission of the organization.
Qualifications & Experience
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Banking or Finance
- Professional certification in Loan underwriting
- Eight (8) to ten (10) years of experience in lending and credit administration
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent leadership and managerial skills.
- Excellent emotional intelligence and customer service skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong knowledge of loan underwriting and credit administration policies.
- Ability to create, implement, and monitor budgets.
- Ability to read and interpret financial statements.
- Strong knowledge of IFRS standards.
- Strong knowledge of applicable laws, regulations and by-laws.
- Excellent understanding of Credit Union philosophies and principles.
- Knowledgeable and committed to the Ariza way of doing business.
- Proficient with core software, Microsoft Office Suite and other related software.
If you meet or exceed the above requirements, you are invited to submit your application via email only to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title in the subject line, for the attention of the Senior Consultant.
Closing date: 10th July 2022.