Ariza is celebrating 75 years of transforming lives!
As part of our ongoing transformation, we are expanding our service offerings and are seeking to attract passionate, committed and competent professionals to fill the following position.
Position: Manager: Retail Loans
The Manager: Retail Loans will manage the front end service to borrowing members, including the underwriting, assessment, and recommendation of loans for approval, as part of the lending process, in accordance with ‘The Ariza Way’ loan delivery standards. The job holder will also research industry trends and market conditions and make recommendations to ensure a competitive suite of products.
Responsibilities would include:
- Develops tactical plans and strategic recommendations to achieve growth in new loans.
- Reviews loan applications to ensure accuracy and viability and that terms and conditions are in compliance with established policies.
- Approves loans within the designated limit and recommends loans above the approval limit to the approving body
- Ensures the efficient and compliant functioning of product teams, collaborating with other managers as necessary.
- Conducts annual review of all loans to identify business opportunities and risk issues.
- Prepares reports in accordance with approved reporting standards.
- Reviews and advises on changes to policies, processes, and procedures to improve service, reduce risk and achieve targets.
- Guides, trains, coaches, and supports the Loans team to ensure performance excellence.
- Education and Training:
- Master’s degree in Business, Banking, Accounting, Finance, or related field
- Certified Residential Underwriter (CRU) or other related professional certification.
- Training in leadership and management skills.
- Training in Accounting to be able to prepare and analyse financial statements, and to prepare and analyse cash flow statements.
Five (5) to eight (8) years’ experience supervising and/or managing loan underwriting and credit administration functions
- Key Competences and Attributes:
- Credit risk analysis
- Financial computation and analysis
- Knowledge of IFRS standards
- Knowledge of applicable laws, regulations and by-laws
- Emotional intelligence
- Member orientation
- Microsoft Office suite
Interested persons who meet or exceed the requirements are invited to submit an application in PDF format via email only to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Manager: Retail Loans” by 2nd November 2022.