Ariza is celebrating 75 years of transforming lives!
As part of our ongoing transformation, we are expanding our service offerings and are seeking to attract passionate, committed and competent professionals to fill the following position.
Position: Supervisor: Loan Portfolio
The Supervisor: Loan Portfolio will supervise Loan Analysts’ front end service to borrowing members for the assigned loan portfolio, to include the review of underwriting, assessment, and recommendation of loans for approval, as part of the lending process in accordance with ‘The Ariza Way’ loan delivery standards. The job holder will also assist with researching market conditions and make recommendations to ensure a competitive suite of products.
Responsibilities would include:
- Assist with developing tactical plans and strategic recommendations to achieve growth in new loans for the assigned portfolio. Implement strategies for meeting targets and standards for the assigned portfolio, monitoring for effectiveness and adjusting strategies as necessary.
- Perform first review of loan applications for the assigned portfolio to ensure accuracy and viability and that terms and conditions are in compliance with established policies.
- Approve loans within the designated limit and recommends loans above the approval limit to the approving body.
- Prepare high value loan applications for approval.
- Handle escalated member issues, ensuring adherence to ‘the Ariza Way’ standards in resolving them.
- Lead the assigned product team, ensuring efficient functioning according to the established operational processes and standards, in collaboration with other supervisors.
- Review and monitor monthly post loan disbursement and delinquency reports for the assigned portfolio and takes appropriate action.
- Education and Training:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Banking, Accounting, Finance or related field.
- Certified Residential Underwriter (CRU) or other related professional certification.
- Certificate in supervisory skills.
- Training in Accounting to be able to prepare and analyse financial statements, and to prepare and analyse cash flow statements.
One (1) to three (3) years’ experience supervising loan underwriting and /or credit administration functions.
- Key Competences and Attributes:
- Credit risk analysis
- Financial computation and analysis
- Knowledge of IFRS standards
- Knowledge of applicable laws, regulations and by-laws
- Supervisory skills
- Emotional intelligence
- Member orientation
- Microsoft Office suite
Interested persons who meet or exceed the requirements are invited to submit an application in PDF format via email only to email@example.com with the subject line “Supervisor: Loan Portfolio” by December 18th, 2022.