Ariza Credit Union, rebranded from the Grenada Public Service Co-operative Credit Union in 2016, is a strong, dynamic and innovative leader in the sector in Grenada and the Organisation of Eastern Caribbean States (OECS). Since 2016, brand awareness has increased and significant growth has been achieved.
An opportunity exists for an experienced HR and Administrative professional to create opportunities for a diverse employee population to develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment, as well as support the operations through provision of efficient and cost effective filing and administrative services.
Position: Executive Manager: HR & Administrative Services
The Executive Manager: HR & Administrative Services reports to the Chief Executive Officer. The job holder will ensure that the HR strategy enables a results-driven Credit Union with highly engaged, satisfied and motivated employees and a reputation for service excellence. In addition, the job holder will ensure the secure and accurate filing of documents to enable quick retrieval, as well as the efficient provision of administrative services to support the operations of all branches.
Responsibilities would include:
- Collaborate with other executives to create an environment and culture that focuses on fulfilling the Credit Union’s mission, vision, and values, while championing organisational transformation initiatives undertaken.
- Create and implement HR plans to ensure the accomplishment of strategic objectives.
- Ensure the performance management system is developed and operationalised.
- Ensure policies, processes, procedures and controls are developed and/or revised in accordance with international best practices for employment and administration.
- Partner with the leadership team to develop and execute the Credit Union’s talent and workforce planning strategy to attract and retain capable employees.
- Create learning and development programmes which result in internal development opportunities for employees, succession plans and organisational excellence.
- Review and recommend changes to policies, processes and procedures to improve service, efficiencies and reduce risk.
- Propose and implement competitive and equitable base and performance incentive pay programmes to ensure the Credit Union attracts and retains top talent.
- Ensure the preparation of accurate and timely monthly payroll.
- Use data analytics, workforce models and innovation/automation to inform decision-making that aligns with business priorities.
- Maintain compliance with labour laws, regulations and recommended best practices; manage the relationship and collective labour agreement with the Union.
- Ensure occupational safety, health and hygiene guidelines are developed and operationalised for the wellbeing of employees, members and other visitors.
- Oversee filing and administrative services and recommend improvements in alignment with the Credit Union’s goals and objectives.
- Create and monitor the annual budget for areas of responsibility, to minimize negative variances.
Education and Training:
- Master’s degree in Human Resource Management, Management or related field.
- Professional designation in human resources.
- Qualifications in business studies and project management are desirable.
- Five (5) to eight (8) years of management experience in human resources and administrative functions.
- Experience in creating, implementing and monitoring budgets.
Key Competences and Attributes:
- Integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- High emotional intelligence
- Extensive knowledge of modern HR practices
- Strong knowledge of employment-related and applicable laws
- Strong arithmetic skills
- Customer orientation
- Knowledge of office management, clerical, filing and documentation systems, procedures and practices
- Excellent presentation, verbal communication and writing skills
- Attention to detail
We invite interested professionals who meet or exceed the requirements to submit their application to email@example.com (in PDF format, with subject line “Exec. Manager: HR & Admin”) by 9th October 2023.